Potato in Curd Gravy
Making time: 30 minutes.
Makes for: 5
3 medium. potatoes boiled and peeled
1 cup curd or yogurt beaten
1 tsp. red chilli powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dhania powder
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/4 tsp. garam masala
2 pinches asafoetida
1 stalk curry leaves
1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. each ginger, garlic grated
2 green chillies slit
1 tsp. each cumin, mustard seeds
1/4 tsp. wheat flour
1 tbsp. oil
1. Cut potatoes into big pieces.
2. Mash 3-4 pieces fine with hand. Keep both aside.
3. Mix all the dry masala in 1/4 cup water.
4. Heat oil. Add the seeds (cumin and mustard).
5. When they splutter, add ginger-garlic, chilli and curry leaves.
6. Add the masala mixture and fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add beaten curd and fry for 5 minutes or till the curd loses its whiteness.
8. Stir continuously after adding curd.
9. Add the remaining water and all the potato and flour. Stir well.
10. Boil and simmer for 10 minutes or till gravy thickens
11. Garnish with chopped coriander.
12. Serve hot with thin wheat chappaties and rice.